Melting and solidification
Melting and solidification find application in the geophysical sciences; industrial forming operations such as casting and laser drilling; latent heat energy storage systems; and food and pharmaceutical processing. Any manmade metal products must undergo liquid forms at some point during manufacturing processes and solidify to form intermediate or final products.
- Boundary Conditions at Interface
- Exact Solutions
- Integral Approximate Solution
- Numerical Solution
- Solidification of a Binary Solution System
- Melting and Solidification in Porous Media
- Natural convection in melting and solidification
- Related Topics
Faghri, A., Zhang, Y., and Howell, J. R., 2010, Advanced Heat and Mass Transfer, Global Digital Press, Columbia, MO.
Faghri, A., and Zhang, Y., 2006, Transport Phenomena in Multiphase Systems, Elsevier, Burlington, MA.